Home Fire Drill Day October 15
Call Station #1 343-4230 for Free Smoke Detection
To see more KISS photos, go to Kid's Page
Fireworks Safety Tips
1. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
Only class C fireworks may be discharged in the City of Emporia between June 29, 2015 and July 2, 2015, from the hours of 10:00am to 10:00pm. On July 3rd and 4th fireworks may be discharged between the hours of 10:00am and 11:00pm.
The discharge of fireworks is prohibited on streets, city parks, city parking lots, state, federal, county, or city owned property.
No fireworks shall be discharged within 200 feet of the property line of any hospital of nursing home.
Discharge of fireworks prohibited by this ordinance within the corporate city limits of Emporia, are subject to being fined from $100 to $500 and the confiscation of said fireworks.
2. Know your fireworks.Read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
3. A responsible adult should supervise firework activities. NEVER GIVE FIREWORKS TO CHILDREN!
4. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
5. Light one firework at a time and quickly move away.
6. Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area, away from vehicles and buildings.
7. Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
8. Always have a bucket of water and a charged water hose nearby in case of a fire.
9. Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
10. Never light fireworks in your hand. This is how 36% of fireworks accidents occur to the hands and fingers.
11. Be respectfully of neighbors, pets, and clean up after yourself. Everyone deserves to enjoy the holiday!
For questions call
Emporia Fire Department